Location: South East England
Salary (circa): £55000 - £65000 per annum Package
Applications are no longer being accepted for this job.
A member of a pre-construction or construction team reporting to the Project Manager/Regional Design Manager respectively, who manages the timely delivery of technically compliant, cost efficient design solutions on construction projects during the work winning stage and/or through the project delivery stage.
- Establish the quality of the design and verify the stage of design development
- Establish whether any elements of the design do not comply with the Employer's Requirements and issue tender queries, where appropriate, to address areas of non-compliance or conflict
- Identify, detail and evaluate areas where the compliant design could be improved such that a better value solution could be offered in the tender submission
- Identify any errors or omissions in the tender information, and provide advice on any such errors or omissions for inclusion on the Risk and Opportunities Schedule
- Engaging design consultants in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS) necessary to deliver the tender and construction information
- Producing a design report for review at the tender settlement in accordance with the Company Project Governance Policy
- Reviewing sub-contract tender returns to confirm they are technically compliant with the Employer's Requirements/Statutory Requirements and advising the Bid Manager regarding any items which are non-compliant
- Drafting the Design Management Plan in accordance with the CMS and preparing the associated design management documents, including design and procurement programme control documents, for submission with the tender
- Developing and agreeing the project BIM Protocol with the design consultants in conjunction with the Project BIM Manager
Salary and benefits