Services Manager (Construction)
Location: South East England
Salary (circa): £55000 - £60000 per annum Attractive Package
Applications are no longer being accepted for this job.
The Services Manager will be required to provide advice, support and coaching to operational site teams in the area of M&E services. Within the role you will be required to:-
- Manage the complete qualitative, technical and commercial appraisal of services tenders on selected projects, in conjunction with other team members.
- Identify equal and approved services solutions for inclusion in tenders.
- Ensure technical appraisals of the services design to ensure compliance on all projects.
- Oversee the handover to the delivery team. At contract, award a technically and contractually compliant services tender.
- Deputise in the absence of a Senior Services Manager.
- Maintain continuous personal development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic through to the successful award of tenders.
The following skills and experience would be desirableProven experience of:
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Appropriate managerial experience in the services sector.
- Understanding all M&E and services legislation.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficient use of Microsoft suite of office programmes; including Excel, Outlook and Project.
- A variety of M&E projects in a wide range of sectors.
- Interpretation of project documentation and developing appropriate strategies.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of project deliverables.
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Managing M&E and services teams within a main contractor or specialist sub-contractor/consultant environment.
- Good demonstrable standard of written and spoken English.
- Good standard of mathematical ability.
- Appropriate CSCS card
- SMSTS certificate
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Working towards MCIOB/CIBSE