Location: East England
Salary (circa): £65000 - £75000 per annum Package
Applications are no longer being accepted for this job.
he successful candidate will be responsible for the timely preparation of independent estimates for major construction and building projects as well as a range of data analysis and cost engineering services. The role will involve engagement with clients and project teams working on some of the UK's biggest projects.
- Co-ordinate with bid management team to develop a schedule of key dates for individual estimates (enquiries, pricing, adjudication).
- Examine tender documentation for completeness. Review conditions of contract for changes.
- Prepare and send out enquiry documents to providers of materials and sub-contractors for the scope of work.
- Attend pre-construction and construction site visits.
- Extract bill of quantities from tender package to estimating software.
- Develop bill of quantities from drawings or tenders without this documentation.
- Source and price all items detailed in the bill of quantities.
- Evaluate returned quotations from suppliers and when necessary communicate with suppliers/sub-contractors to bring quotations in line with the project specification.
- Price all temporary works as required. Link with design team or other business functions to ensure the completeness.
- Organise and price contractors preliminaries for individual projects.
- Lead tender adjudication through developing, completing relevant reports and presentations.
- Organise the delivery of completed tender documents ensuring that they reach the client by the date and time specified by the tender.
- Ensure completed tenders are filed and recoverable.
Successful candidate will be educated should have a Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or in other related disciplines with related professional qualifications.
- Sound knowledge of building construction, with site experience or established estimator with 8 - 10 years' experience in a building estimating background.
- Good career continuity.
- Great knowledge of construction and engineering within the UK/ROI.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Salary and Package
- Basic up to £75,000
- Package (Travel Allownece ,Health, pension)