Location: South East England
Salary (circa): £60000 - £80000 per annum Package
The Company is structured in to two primary divisions: Building and Civil Engineering. The main divisions perfectly complement each other in terms of resource and expertise. This role will be based in the building division so therefore previous experience within the building sector is essential. With turnover, more than £350 million the company continues to grow from strength to strength.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyse subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity take-offs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data
- Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-sold estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Relevant construction quantification
- 2-7 years Related Estimating Experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
Remuneration and Package
- £60,000 - £80,000 neg
- Health Insurance