Planner / Programmer
Location: East England
Salary (circa): £60000 - £70000 per annum Package
Applications are no longer being accepted for this job.
The successful candidate will provide management and support to the Pre & Post Contract Team by preparing, monitoring and reporting tender and contract programmes for building and construction projects throughout UK and ROI.
- Responsible for all scheduling and planning activities as per tender and contract requirements.
- Create, maintain and review construction programmes and schedules. Develop pre construction requirements and produce schedules to achieve construction dates.
- Fully understand project programmes and schedules and communicate to the wider team.
- Identify programme risks, make provision for them and apply solutions and problem solving techniques.
- Liaise with management and engineers to review the progress of construction projects and address issues.
- Develop and present written method statements and programme commentaries.
- Co-ordinate work activity with external contractors, third parties, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Consult and negotiate with third parties including consultants, designers and developers as required.
- Monitor live projects through regular site inspections and provide progress reports to present to the project team, senior management and client as required.
- Provide information for and attend pre-tender, mid tender and post tender interviews or meetings.
Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience and can demonstrate capability as deemed appropriate by Management.
- At least five years pre and post contract experience in a construction planning role on major projects.
- Strong knowledge of planning requirements of different forms of construction contracts.
- Strong understanding of modern building techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
- Experienced user of Asta Powerproject, Primavera or MS Project
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Salary and package
Basic up to £70,000
Package (Health, Pension and Travel)